Why more choice will be good for consumers
By: Chris Gusty, Chief Operating Officer
Alexa Abdelaziz Ph.D., Director R&D
Kim Biedermann, Chief Science Officer
As a manufacturer of clinical nutrition products and functional supplements, MEND is utilizing a new level of scientific research to test and verify the safety and efficacy of our products and ensure the highest level of evidence and quality. We take a number of steps to ensure that our clients are getting solutions that are both effective and safe:
- Use only standardized ingredients that have a strong body of evidentiary and clinical support.
- Ensure our formulations are natural, clean and avoid fillers and artificial ingredients and additives whenever possible.
- Ensure that our dosing is at the appropriate levels for effectiveness and optimal absorption.
- Manufacture at US-based FDA approved labs that are cGMP and NSF certified and that utilize stringent testing processes assessed by third party organizations:
- Put our formulations to test through randomized placebo-controlled trials with leading hospitals and universities. We are currently advancing studies with MDs from the following hospitals:
- Test with independent third-party labs to verify label claims and ensure that our products don’t contain any banned substances:
- Ensure our products are stored and fulfilled by leading national 3PLs, where the highest standards for storage and handling are met.
Utilizing this rigorous process, we are able to ensure the highest standards and meet the needs of our most discerning clients such as hospitals, military and professional sports. We’re very proud that we’ve been able to serve each of these client segments for years and met their high expectations.
MEND Manufacturing Process
We’ve recently started to expand our third-party testing beyond NSF to labs like Informed Choice as we believe more choices in testing and verification will be better for the industry – competition creates incentive for incumbents to be better and faster and reduce costs for their clients. It’s never good for any industry when choice is limited and a single player has monopoly power.
We need more choices in testing as this will improve cycle times and ultimately lower costs. This will allow us to be much more responsive to our clients needs and provide them with the highest quality products at the best possible price.
Founded and headquartered in New York City, MEND is a life sciences company with a mission to help people heal and live their healthiest. The company is currently researching and developing targeted clinical nutrition products to enhance patient outcomes, from injury and surgery, to aging and physical performance. MEND has been adopted by numerous hospitals, professional sports teams across all major leagues and the elite forces of the US Military.