In this article
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our MEND Chocolate Chip cookies are the healthier (and more delicious) variant of the classic chocolate chip cookies. We use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, because darker chocolate chocolate contains more antioxidants, iron and zinc, increasing the nutritiousness of your dessert. Switching out regular white wheat flour for whole wheat or almond flower makes your cookies healthier. Whole wheat increases your intake of fiber, whereas using almond flour adds protein to your baking. Using almond flower is also a great way to make the cookies gluten free! By replacing some of the flour by MEND Regenerate powder, you add 33 nutrients to your cookies that will make them healthier and even more delicious, if we do say so ourselves.
Makes about 14 cookies:
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond or whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 scoop of MEND Regenerate Cocoa or Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees °F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and maple syrup until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Next, stir in the almond or whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and MEND Regenerate until combined. Add chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Roll balls of dough and place them onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Use your hands to flatten the dough so that it’s about ¼th inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes until cookies just begin to turn golden brown on the edges. If you’re using almond flour, the cookies may look a bit underdone, but that’s just because they’re made with almond flour.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
MEND’s Director Account Manager Alex Sohn recently baked the cookies with MEND Regenerate Cocoa